How can we defeat the Omicron virus?
We all are a warrior and fought bravely against covid-19 by following the instruction of WHO. Unfortunately, our fight is not over yet. The new Omicron variant of Covid-19 strikes us back with a new terror. The Omicron virus has rapidly spread across Europe and jumped into new countries with every passing day. The virus has also reached India and is increasing rapidly.
The Omicron can infect a large number of the population in no time while so many people are vaccinated. The symptoms of the new variants have grown subtle. The virus is looming large and staring alarming in the face of the common citizen. Again we need to roll up our sleeves to fight against the virus to defeat it. There is no need to be afraid of this variant of coronavirus. We have got covered all your worries through this article. At the end of the article, you will be aware of its symptoms and prevention to save yourself and your family with his heavily mutated variant of the coronavirus.
Don’t panic yourself, and remember that prevention is always better than cure.
Here are symptoms of a new Omicron variant of Covid-19:-
- Cough:- According to the reports and the WHO statement, the cough is the most common symptom in full-vaccinated and nonvaccinated individuals.
- Runny nose:- Runny is another symptom of this virus, and it is often confused with the flu. If you have this kind of problem then you should get tested.
- Excessive tiredness:- If you are feeling cold, cough, and fatigue, then it is time to get yourself tested.
- Headache:- The headache is the most common problem of people and can happen for various reasons, but it is also a symptom of omicron.
- A Sore throat:-The problem occurs due to changing weather and our food habits, but it is also the fifth common factor of omicron. You should take care of it.
- Muscles pain:- Muscles pain is also a sign of omicron. If you are suffering from it, you should immediately go for the test to detect the root of the problem.
Apart from these symptoms, a rash of skin and discoloration of fingers and toes are the less common symptoms of Omicron.
Breathing or shortness of breath, loss of speech, and chest pain are serious symptoms of the Omicron virus.
Important note:- If anyone has any of these symptoms, then run urgently for the covid-19 test to detect the issue timely.
If you are infected with the omicron or covid 19, follow the standard operating protocols given by the WHO. Moreover, they have published the advice on its official website @who.int for countries and individuals. You should visit the website continuously to find out the latest updates about the omicron.
“It is not yet clear whether infection with Omicron causes more severe disease compared to infections with other variants, including Delta”, this is the recent statement of the WHO.
The most effective steps individuals can take to reduce the spread of new variant of covid-19 are:-
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1 meter from others.
- Wear a well-fitting mask.
- Open windows to improve ventilation.
- Strictly avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces.
- Keep your hands clean; cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue.
- Get vaccinated when it’s their turn.
I hope that by reading the article you will be packed with lots of positive energy and information to fight with the new Omicron variant of Covid-19.