Rummy is a very popular game in India. Today, many online portals have launched rummy games on their platforms enabling rummy fans to play rummy online anytime. This has made playing rummy very easy.
Rummy is extremely easy to learn, though it is equally challenging to play. A beginner can easily learn rummy rules from any of these online portals. Websites and Apps are made to be user-friendly so that players can gather any information that is there about rummy before they start to play.
The easiest way to play rummy online is to download a rummy game for pc. You can also download the Apps on your smartphones.
For a beginner, here are the basic rummy rules you must remember:
- This game is played between a minimum of 2 players using a single 52-card deck and can be played by a maximum of 6 players, using two 52-card decks.
- Each player is dealt 13 cards. The players have to arrange these cards into sets and sequences or runs.
- A valid combination must have at least two runs, and one of which must be a pure run, while the remaining cards are arranged to form either pure or impure sets or runs.
- A Pure Set has 3 or more cards of different suits but the same face value, while a Pure Run is 3 or more consecutive cards of the same suit. For example, 3 of hearts, 3 of spades, and 3 of clubs form a Pure Set, while 3, 4, 5 of hearts form a Pure Run.
- When a joker is used to substitute any of the missing cards in a set or run, it is known as an Impure Set or Runs.
If you are aware of the basic rummy rules, then you can practice playing rummy online either by downloading the rummy games for pc or on your smartphone. The key to playing rummy is constant practice. Once you have understood your game and aced your skills through practice, you can go on to play online cash games. Once you have started playing for cash, eventually you will be able to explore new winning strategies and learn to implement them.
However, while playing cash games, a few tips and tricks must be kept in mind:
1. Always try to focus on building pure Sequence first.
2. Avoid keeping high points cards like (A, K, Q), if they serve no purpose.
3. Use the jokers wisely.
4. Try as many combinations of cards as you can quickly, especially while playing for sets.
5. Always drop out if you are on the verge of losing. If you know you have a bad hand, drop out as early as possible.
6. Always keep a check on your opponent’s cards, so that you can hold the cards that may help your opponent.
7. Always re-arrange your cards to avoid confusion as to which cards to discard.
If you are new and need some practice before going to the tournaments and cash games, you can play Rummy online on 9 stacks Rummy where you get different variations of Rummy to choose from. It not only offers a real-life experience and entertainment on a digital platform but also has tutorials for beginners and a simplified guide for each game of rummy. To play rummy online, you can also download 9stacks Rummy games for pc. Unlike other platforms, 9stacks Rummy gives free rummy practice games that will help you enhance your game. To get this, you have to download the app on your pc or smartphone, register, and start today.